I’m not sure what to think of this yarn I made.
I guess I should start from the beginning. I got this sheep 2 shoe kit from The Fold at MSWF. The roving in the kit is incredibly soft and I absolutely loved spinning it. I didn’t exactly follow the directions of how to divide the roving and spin it.
Ok, I didn’t follow the directions at all. I divided the roving different then what it said and I 2 plied it instead of 3. That’s because I spun the singles thicker then what I should have imo for socks.
I have been playing around with this yarn. First, I knitted up a swatch. The swatch was not bad. The colors gradually changed from one color to the next but this was done with a cast on of only 15 stitches. I knew that once I casted on enough stitches to actually make something with, the colors would not gradually change. I decided to cast on for a sock anyway. Oh my, the colors are all over the place. There was a kind of striping from darker shades to lighter but no real pattern to it.
This might be acceptable but the yarn is still a bit thick for socks to me. I’ve decided to frog it and set it to one side for awhile.