This weeks top ten is 10 Ways To Entertain a Child. My kids are getting a good bit older Dax is now 15 and Tyde 17, but most of these activities they have enjoyed for awhile now.
1. Beach, this is in the number one spot for a reason. We live about a block from the beach so we spend a lot of time there.
3. Visiting the library. My daughter enjoys library visits more than my son but there was a time when he enjoyed story book time as much as I did.
4. Art/Crafts. Break out the crayons, paper, pencils or whatever.
5. Baking. Just as fun to make as to eat.
6. Games. I always liked Uno or mancala but my son’s favorite is monopoly. He also likes battleship. They both love the ps3 games.
7. Lego’s yes this is one of the toys they haven’t outgrown. I can still pull out the lego bin and have major entertainment.
8. Hiking or trail bike riding. We don’t have the hills around here like some people do but we do have some biking trails that you can either walk or bike on.
10. Theme park, Disney, Universal, Bush Gardens, Wet and wild there all within an hour from us.
Did I mention the beach because yeah, we spend a lot of time there.
If interested in participating in the ten on Tuesday you can sign up here.
A spider that Tyde brought home and put in one of our wine glasses.
My blogging mojo has left me so I’m struggling to get it back. To try and move things along I have for you today a “what I’m knitting post.”
It’s from a pattern and yarn that I got from a vendor calledKiparoo Farm that was at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I have adjusted the pattern. The way it was written didn’t work for me. I have to confess this makes me nervous because I lack the confidence or maybe I should say skills as a knitter to veer away from patterns. In the past it has turned into a disaster. I’ll let you know as time goes on if this can be related to one of the most catastrophic occurrences ever to occur in the history of my knitting. Ok that catastrophic stuff was a bit over the top but Dax thought it fit in well with the post so I’m leaving it in.
To also boost my blogging mojo I have signed up for the Ten on Tuesday that I’ve seen mentioned on some other blogs I read. If you are interested in participating you can sign up at Carole knits to get the topics sent to you thru e-mail.